[IOT] Looking toward next IRP IOT call - rough agenda and dates

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Tue Apr 10 13:26:48 UTC 2018

Dear members of the IRP IOT,

I am still working on the repose issue - see my mail of March 21st. I hope to wrap that up shortly.

In addition, we have pending the 'types of hearings' issue. I inadvertently overlooked Malcolm's email<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/iot/2018-January/000350.html> of Jan. 3rd on the topic and said we would take that suggestion up for discussion.

My proposal is that we speak about (1) repose and (2) types of hearings on a call soon. I am trying to sort schedule - suggest we meet at 19:00 UTC either Thursday April 26 or Thursday May 3. Can you please comment on list if either date is bad for you? Then Bernie and I can set a date in the coming days.

In addition, I will shortly send an email on 'elements' of an IRP claim (see Bylaw section 4.3(n)(iv)(C)).

Let's then also discuss (3) elements on the call unless we can agree earlier on list.

Also on the call, I expect to discuss the 'two buckets' approach to the rules - i.e., releasing the rules we are finished with after getting Sidley's review and then working on remaining one or two issues if some remain.

That, roughly then, will be the agenda of next call. Please do read over Malcolm's mail of Jan. 3 and look for my mail on elements, will send it shortly.

Best wishes,

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154