[IOT] plans for next call

McAuley, David dmcauley at Verisign.com
Wed Jul 25 12:49:54 UTC 2018

Dear members of the IRP IOT:

I want to briefly discuss plans for getting back together and a tentative view of an agenda.

Based on my prior experience and confirmed to me by Bernie in his experience, it is impractical to try to gather a conference-call quorum prior to August 15. Thus, I would like to tentatively schedule a call for August 23rd at 19:00 UTC - and am mentioning it now so as to ask you to put it on your calendar and attend.

I expect we will discuss:

2.      Issuing interim rules of procedure.

The public comment period closes August 10th. So far there are no comments but, as you know, that tends to change as the closing date draws near.

On the interim rules, we will want to try to move with dispatch to get them wrapped for board consideration.

I will be sending materials to review closer to the call date and also ask you to check the comments forum<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/comments-irp-iot-recs-22jun18/> on or closely after August 10th in order to review any comment made on our timing issue.

Please reply - I request that members respond to the list if they will be attending the August 23rd meeting by Friday August 17th 2359UTC - please note that if we fail to attain minimal participation we will be forced to cancel the call.

In the meantime, best regards,

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154