[IOT] [TRUNCATED LIST] Re: [Ext] Re: [CORRESPONDENCE] Cherine Chalaby to David McAuley - Interim Supplementary Rules for the IRP

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Tue Oct 23 14:51:53 UTC 2018

On 23/10/2018 15:41, Samantha Eisner wrote:
> Dear Malcolm,
>
> The recent records of the IOT do not support your statement that you would only support the Interim Procedures without the "incompatible" subclause.  Instead, the record supports your (1) reservation of your continued objection; and (2) agreement that the interim rules could proceed so long as ICANN's commitment to make future transition arrangements was included in the Interim Procedures.  [Note, that commitment was already in a footnote and remains in there]

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your confirmation that I said at the time that I remained
of the opinion that the subclause is inconsistent with the bylaws, and
reserved my right to dispute its compatibility, as I am now doing.

It turns out quite a lot of people share my concern.

Kind Regards,

Malcolm.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           Monument Place, 24 Monument Street London EC3R 8AJ

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929