[IOT] Response to comments re proposed revisions to Rule 4

Mike Rodenbaugh mike at rodenbaugh.com
Tue Dec 14 16:41:51 UTC 2021

I can only make the first half-hour of the call today, if at all.  But i
want to object to Sec. G of this document which would only allow claimants
three business days to pay all fees to ICDR.  First, it is unclear what
those fees are currently, as neither ICANN nor ICDR has published any clear
info about it despite 'administering' the IRP for more than ten years
already.  Second, those fees are in the thousands of dollars currently
($3750 or $6250 or something else, depending on the claimant and the time
of their claim, apparently) -- which can be a lot of money for someone to
get to ICDR in three days, especially when they have no clue what the fee
will be when they file.  And third, whether *any* such fees are appropriate
is a question this Working Group (Initiation Subgroup) is now actively
considering, pending further promised info from ICANN Legal.

So Sec. G needs to be changed dramatically or deleted, in my view.

Thanks,
Mike

[image: Logo]

Mike Rodenbaugh