[IOT] IOT - Repose document posted for comments

McAuley, David dmcauley at Verisign.com
Tue Sep 28 15:21:35 UTC 2021

Hello colleagues,

I am not able to insert a comment into the document regarding the ‘safety valve’ proposal so I will mention it here.

It concerns section (B)(2) of the proposed text indicating that permission to file an untimely claim may be given by a panel so long as the claimant meets certain conditions, including that the requested relief would not adversely affect any third party.

In my personal opinion, there seems here to be a practical issue about how a panel might know of any such third-party impact. Therefore, I suggest that this element of the proposed language be considered by our ‘Joinder’ subgroup (I am not a member) to consider whether and/or when/how a third party might be able to show such impact prior to the panel ruling.

Best wishes to you all,

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154