[IOTF] AoB - Paul Kane - Annex C of CWG section 7 and 8.

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Apr 20 18:54:29 UTC 2016

Paul,

I am assuming that you are referring to the following from Annex C:

"8)   Diversity of the customers of the IANA Functions:

i)   The IANA Functions operator needs to take account of the variety of forms of relationship with TLD operators. The proposal will need to reflect the diversity of arrangements in accountability to the direct users of the IANA Functions.

ii)                       For ccTLDs, the IANA Functions Operator should provide a service without requiring a contract and should respect the diversity of agreements and arrangements in place for ccTLDs. In particular, the IANA Functions Operator should not impose any additional requirements on the registry unless they are directly and demonstrably linked to the global security, stability, and resilience of the DNS. "

Am I correct on that?

Chuck