[IOTF] IOTF Call #14 - Meeting Notes (06 July 2016 @ 17:00 UTC)

Yuko Green yuko.green at icann.org
Wed Jul 6 19:01:22 UTC 2016

Dear members of the IOTF,

Please see below the meeting notes and chat history from today's IOTF call.
The presentation material, audio and AC room recordings are now posted at
https://www.icann.org/stewardship-implementation under "Meetings & Work
Sessions" section. The transcript will be made available within the next few
days.

*** Meeting Notes ***

Implementation Oversight Task Force (IOTF) call #14

06 July 16 @ 17:00 UTC

Please note that this meeting is being recorded.

To mute or Unmute, select *6 (Star-Six)

If you would like to review the last call(s), the recordings and
presentation materials are posted publicly here:
https://www.icann.org/stewardship-implementation

Agenda:

1.            Opening Remarks

2.            Implementation Items:

RZERC - Review the comment submitted by RSSAC

PTI Staffing - Obtain agreements

Upcoming schedule for PTI documents

3.            AOB

4.            Closing Remarks

Action Items:

*         Add RZERC Charter discussion to the next IOTF call (ICANN)

*         Follow up with CWG on PTI staffing recommendation and provide few
days for any other comments to be submitted before moving forward.

*         Check with Xavier on timing of when we can provide the PTI bank
account information requested by Paul Kane (ICANN)

*         Check the PTI AoI Section 3 against ICANN Bylaws (ICANN)

*         Follow up with ICANN Legal to discuss with Sidley regarding the
combining of Naming Function Contract and Intercompany Service Agreement
(ICANN)

*         Share with IOTF the header of the Intercompany Services Agreement
(ICANN)

*         Circulate the PTI work plan in a better digestible format to IOTF
(ICANN)

***Chat History***

Yuko Green: Hello everybody, welcome to the IOTF call #14!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): Hi ...  Yuko  I have already dialed in ...thanks
... Did you hear my audio check in?

Nathalie Vergnolle: Hi Cheryl, we can't hear you

Nathalie Vergnolle: Now we can

Yuko Green: Thank you for joining us, Cheryl! It is quite early for you.

Yuko Green: We'll be starting in a few minutes so everybody can join.

Lise Fuhr: Good evening

Paul Kane: Hi

Greg Shatan: Hi all.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): 0300   yes it is  I prefer  from my 0400 on....
but...

Jonathan Robinson: Hi All. On the call now.

Jonathan Robinson: Thanks Trang. Sounds good to me.

Yuko Green: I un-synced the document so everybody can zoom in and move
around to read the comments

James Gannon: I think the RSSAC comments meet with what my expections of the
rzerc was to be originally

James Gannon: But that may not mesh with Alans views or others

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): That sounds right by my understanding of Alan's
views  Trang

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): Yes he was Lead

James Gannon: Wording in the proposal is

James Gannon: The CWG-Stewardship recommends that a replacement of this
approval function be put inplace for significant architectural and
operational changes. Although it is clear that the DNSrelatedtechnical and
operational communities have both the technology skills andappropriate
incentives to make prudent and cautious changes, the critical nature of the
RootZone makes it necessary to formalize approval of major architectural and
operationalchanges.

elise gerich (epg): FYI - RSSAC has a liaison from NTIA sitting on it.  That
liaison was present during the discussion by RSSAC on its comment about the
RZERC charter.

Jonathan Robinson: @James - Thank-you

James Gannon: +1 Elise

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): audio noise

James Gannon: Lost Johnathan with the audio

Russ Housley: As long as the totallity of the preceived role of NTIA is
covered by RSSAC and RZERC together, it seems that Jonathan's test would be
passed.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): I would tik so as well Russ

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): tik=Think

Jonathan Robinson: @Russ. Thanks.

Yuko Green: Who may be the phone number 703xxx8753?

Paul Kane: How long will that take

Paul Kane: Ahh - within 3 years ok

Paul Kane: Thanks - very important

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): thx Trang be keen ti hear back frm Xavier on
acc's

Paul Kane: Jonathan - need to have the money issue sorted before that
decision

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): Sounds like a plan Jonathan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): Send to list first

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): Ask for any objections

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):   Yes

Paul Kane: When will Xavier give us the detail

Paul Kane: I am sorry but I want to ensure PTI is financially robust ... so
I object unless this important issue is clarified

Paul Kane: sure

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): great Trang

Trang Nguyen:  The specific purpose of the Corporation is to operate
exclusively for the benefit of, toperform the functions of, and to carry out
the purposes of the Internet Corporation forAssigned Names and Numbers, a
California nonprofit public benefit corporation("ICANN").

James Gannon: I think this was Stephens comment yes? I think that the fact
that the agreements are done via contact to ICANN for proptocol and numbers
means that there needs to be language to that effect in the PTI articles

James Gannon: (Sorry no mic)

Paul Kane: A cross check is welcome but I hope you see my point it is off
target

Russ Housley: @Paul, the Numbers and Protocol Parameter communities have
theier agreemeents with ICANN, not PTI.

Paul Kane: Good Point Russ

Russ Housley: @Paul, ICANN is choosing to put that work in PTI.

Russ Housley: @Paul, so PTI is an affiliate of ICANN to perform all of that
work

Paul Kane: ok -thanks

James Gannon: Thata a good idea

Russ Housley: @alissa, +1

Alissa Cooper: @Lise, but that doesn't apply to the IETF and RIR
subcontracts right? I don't see the rationale for tying their timelines to
the others, especially if they are as simple as Trang says.

James Gannon: Yeah I agree with Alissa

Lise Fuhr: @Alissa difficult to say before you have the contract

Lise Fuhr: We still don't have a complete overview of what is included

James Gannon: I can see the compliexity in the ISA but for the
subcnotracting agreements I cannot see where the complexity would lie

Alissa Cooper: Hmm. I guess I don't think the CWG really had a say over the
content of the IETF and RIR subcontracts.

Lise Fuhr: Would be great Trang to have the headlines of the articles

Alissa Cooper: *has

Lise Fuhr: At Alissa I agree we have no say over the other communities
contracts

Lise Fuhr: I am only talking about the Intercompany, Naming and Bylaws

Alissa Cooper: Ok

Grace Abuhamad: ay ay captains!

James Gannon: =)

Paul Kane: SLE Data when?

matthew shears: sorry may have missed this but can we see the ISA - what is
meant by header?

Paul Kane: On target - good

Paul Kane: Provided it is not a whitewash - I am relaxed!

Paul Kane: thanks

matthew shears: ok

Lise Fuhr: No

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): All Good then...  Thabks everyone... Talk again
soon...  Bye for now...

Lise Fuhr: Thank you and bye

James Gannon: Thanks Trang, thanks all.

matthew shears: thanks