[IOTF] RZERC member qualification criteria

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 15 02:35:35 UTC 2016

I could not attend this meeting, and the
transcript is not yet posted, so perhaps I am
taking this out of context, but I find the
criteria, particularly the two first ones, close
to insulting to the communities that will be contributing members to the RZERC.

The concept that a "general technical knowledge
of the DNS" is sufficient seems to ignore that
this is THE group that will be ensuring the
integrity, security and stability of the root
zone if and when it evolves, and the idea that
the groups contributing people would not put
their best on the RZERC, or that these people
would not implicitly be charged with involving
others as necessary is pretty scary.

Alan