[IOTF] RZERC member qualification criteria

Trang Nguyen trang.nguyen at icann.org
Fri Jul 15 14:31:56 UTC 2016

Hi Alan,

Do you have any suggestions for reframing the first two criteria?

Regards,

Trang

From: <iotf-bounces at icann.org<mailto:iotf-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca<mailto:alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>>
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 7:35 PM
To: Yuko Green <yuko.green at icann.org<mailto:yuko.green at icann.org>>, "iotf at icann.org<mailto:iotf at icann.org>" <iotf at icann.org<mailto:iotf at icann.org>>
Subject: Re: [IOTF] RZERC member qualification criteria

I could not attend this meeting, and the transcript is not yet posted, so perhaps I am taking this out of context, but I find the criteria, particularly the two first ones, close to insulting to the communities that will be contributing members to the RZERC.

The concept that a "general technical knowledge of the DNS" is sufficient seems to ignore that this is THE group that will be ensuring the integrity, security and stability of the root zone if and when it evolves, and the idea that the groups contributing people would not put their best on the RZERC, or that these people would not implicitly be charged with involving others as necessary is pretty scary.

Alan