[IOTF] IOTF Call #13 - Meeting Notes (20 June 2016 @ 19:00 UTC)

Yuko Green yuko.green at icann.org
Mon Jun 20 20:44:40 UTC 2016

Dear members of the IOTF,

Please see below the meeting notes and chat history from today's IOTF call.
The presentation material, audio and AC room recordings are now posted at
https://www.icann.org/stewardship-implementation under "Meetings & Work
Sessions" section. The transcript will be made available within the next few
days.

*** Meeting Notes ***

Implementation Oversight Task Force (ITOF) call #13

20 June 2016 @ 19:00 UTC

Please note that this meeting is being recorded.

To mute or Unmute, select *6 (Star-Six)

If you would like to review the last call(s), the recordings and
presentation materials are posted publicly here:
https://www.icann.org/stewardship-implementation

Agenda:

1.            Opening Remarks

2.            Implementation Items

PTI Staffing

3.            AOB

Helsinki implementation update session

Work plan to finalize PTI formation documents and ICANN-PTI contracts

Decision Log

4.            Closing Remarks

Action Items:

- Provide the revised PTI staffing plan (ICANN)

- Include the IANA staff's job descriptions within the revised PTI staffing
plan (ICANN)

- Book the room for Thursday 12:30-1:30 in Helsinki

- Connect with Jonathan and Lise to finalize the work plan and decide the
way forward for review with Sidley and CWG (Trang)

- Share the draft project plan for IANA IPR (ICANN)

***Chat History***

Yuko Green: Hello everybody! Welcome to IOTF Call #13!

Yuko Green: We'll get started shortly

Yuko Green: Who may be the phone number 1108?

James Gannon: I think one of they key things to bring back to the IANA staff
is that we want them to be happy also, while maksing sure we get the
proposal implemented, and want to come to an arrangement that works for
everyone involved. We really dont want this to be a US vs IANA staff
situation.

Chuck: Thanks Akram. Any idea how long it will take to provide the details
of the proposed revised staffing plan for PTI?

Jonathan Robinson: @Akram. Thank-you. Just want to be 100% clear so we can
communicate effectively if / when others ask

James Gannon: Agreed!

James Gannon: As an affiliate yes based on my experience of working for a US
affiliate

Donna Austin: @Akram--can you provide information about staff the currently
perform the IANA function? Not necessarily names, but job desciptions?

Greg Shatan: This sounds like very good progress indeed.

Chuck: Great Akram & Trang.  Thanks.

Donna Austin: Thanks Akram

Yuko Green: Who may be the phone number 5215?

Jonathan Robinson: @Akram. Good point on the responsibility of the PTI Board
to assist.

Donna Austin: Yuko, 5215 is me, Donna

Yuko Green: Thank you Donna

James Gannon: If needed I can do Thursday

Chuck: I had booked something at lunch on Thursday but may be able to switch
it to Monday; I had left Monday  for the IOTF meeting.

Lise Fuhr: @Trang I am not there Thursday

Jonathan Robinson: Happy to particpate and provide some introductory
remarks, possibly together with Lise.

Lise Fuhr: Why did we change from Monday

Chuck: Will the time be 12:30-1 pm on Thursday?

Chuck: Thanks.

Chuck: I made a mistake:  12:30-1:30 .

Donna Austin: It's 12.30 to 1.30

James Gannon: What was the date for the sharing of the name of PTI?

Alan Greenberg: My mistake. I will attend FIRST part of IOTF and then leave.

Alissa Cooper: I still am concerned that the contracts will be out for
public comment at the time when the decision needs to be made about the
contract being extended or not.

Alissa Cooper: Rather than having the public comment periods already
concluded.

James Gannon: Ok thanks Trang

Alissa Cooper: But I realize I may be the only person worried about that.

Alissa Cooper: Thanks for the explanation, very helpful.

Russ Housley: What is the timeline for IANA IPR?

Russ Housley: that is the only row that is completely blank...

Jonathan Robinson: @Russ. We ahve a call planned to discuss betweent the
three operational communites soon.

Jonathan Robinson: All. I need to leave the call @ 45 mins past the hour.
Apologies.

Russ Housley: I'm aware of that call, but it is unclear to me when that will
come to the IOTF and CWG

James Gannon: We really need that soon right?

Lise Fuhr: @Russ that can be discussed at the next IPR call

Russ Housley: My understanding is that high-level principles are agreed, but
the details are still being discussed

Jonathan Robinson: I do think that it will be helpful to ahve a project plan
for IPR (however draft) to indicate the key steps in the process and initial
estimates of time

Jonathan Robinson: It may help to focus all on the path ahead.

Russ Housley: @Jonathan  Yes, that would be very helpful so that everyone
knows the milestones

Jonathan Robinson: @Russ. Agreed. Hopefully ICANN staff can help with
providing their understanding of the key steps / mielsotnes.

Russ Housley: @Greg  That lines up with my understanding of the current
status on IPR

Greg Shatan: Thanks, @Russ.

James Gannon: I wouldnt be able to make it

Chuck: After Helsinki

Lise Fuhr: A week after please

James Gannon: Thanks all

Chuck: Thanks Trang