[IOTF] Updated draft of responses in PTI Bylaws-AoI table

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 22:49:11 UTC 2016

Hello,

Somehow this skipped my raider, while this is already late, i could not
come swallow  2 points from the final text.

Section 5.4: I am quite concerned and wonder why we include the following
text:
"The Chairperson should be a NomCom­ nominated director". The board does
the selection of chair person, so there is NO reason why ICANN appointed
board member cannot be the chairperson if the board wants it. I don't think
i dig turning the nomcom nominees into the defacto source of
chairperson-hood. It seem to me that we are seeing them as more superior
and trustworthy that the rest which is not necessarily always the case.
Ofcourse i am with the rest of the response to that question.

Section 7.1: I am concerned by this conclusion "The Corporation will not
need additional officers therefore the board does not need this
capability." as i think its an unnecessary lock-in and can have unforeseen
implications in future. I will be fine with something that reads like below:
"The Corporation should not need additional officers therefore the board
may not need this capability. However such may be done with a unanimous
votes from board subject to member(s) approval."

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!