[IOTF] Agenda for IOTF Call #2 (Friday 25 March 14:00 UTC/07:00 PDT/10:00 EDT/Saturday 26 March 01:00 AEDT)

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Fri Mar 25 10:15:10 UTC 2016

+ 1 and see below.

On 3/24/2016 10:02 PM, Alissa Cooper via IOTF wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for sharing the materials before the call, and my apologies for
> missing the most recent call.
>
> The IANA transition proposal states that PTI will perform all of the
> functions currently covered by the NTIA contract (para 21, 23). There
> is no ambiguity about this. The communities had lengthy discussions
> about whether all of the functions would move to the PTI, and paras 21
> and 23 reflect the community consensus. It is not worth considering or
> discussing a names-only PTI or any other option, as the substance of
> the proposal is not up for debate, re-opening, or re-interpretation in
> cases like this one where it is already unambiguous.
Completely agree with the above.  My understanding of this stage of the
process is that we are implementing the proposal not re-interpreting or
re-working it.

> On slide 7, in the “PTI - All 3 IANA functions” table, I do not know
> why ICANN is listed as an oversight body for numbers and protocol
> parameters. It is not an oversight body under the proposal. Also, in
> the case of protocol parameters, oversight is conducted jointly by the
> IAOC and the IAB. Finally, I wonder what “policy implementation” means
> and how it is different from “performance of IANA functions.” For
> protocol parameters at least they are exactly the same thing —
> carrying out the functions means implementing the policies set by the
> IETF and others.
>
> Thanks,
> Alissa
>

>> On Mar 24, 2016, at 2:40 PM, Yuko Green via IOTF <iotf at icann.org
>> <mailto:iotf at icann.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Dear members of the IOTF,
>> Below, please review the proposed agenda for tomorrow’s IOTF call #2
>> (Friday 25 March 14:00 UTC).
>> ¤Opening Remarks (Lise)
>> ¤Implementation Items (Trang)
>> •PTI Structure
>> •CSC Charter
>> ¤AOB
>> ¤Closing Remarks (Lise)
>> I have also attached the presentation material for your review.
>> Regards,
>> *Yuko Green*
>> Strategic Programs Manager
>> Global Domains Division
>> Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
>> Direct Line:  +1 310 578 8693
>> Mobile: +1 310 745 1517
>> E-mail: yuko.green at icann.org <mailto:yuko.green at icann.org>
>> www.icann.org <http://www.icann.org/>
>> IOTF mailing list
>> IOTF at icann.org <mailto:IOTF at icann.org>

Matthew Shears | Director, Global Internet Policy & Human Rights Project
Center for Democracy & Technology | cdt.org
E: mshears at cdt.org | T: +44.771.247.2987

CDT's Annual Dinner, Tech Prom, is April 6, 2016. Don't miss out - register at cdt.org/annual-dinner.

---