[IOTF] IOTF Call #8 - Meeting Notes (10 May 2016 @ 21:00 UTC)

Yuko Green yuko.green at icann.org
Tue May 10 22:28:21 UTC 2016

Dear members of the IOTF,

Please see below the meeting notes and chat history from today's IOTF call.
The presentation material, audio and AC room recordings are now posted at
https://www.icann.org/stewardship-implementation under "Meetings & Work
Sessions" section. The transcript will be made available within the next few
days.

*** Meeting Notes ***

Implementation Oversight Task Force (ITOF) call #8

10 May 2016 @ 21:00 UTC

Please note that this meeting is being recorded.

To mute or Unmute, select *6 (Star-Six)

If you would like to review the last call(s), the recordings and
presentation materials are posted publicly here:
https://www.icann.org/stewardship-implementation

Agenda:

1.                   Opening Remarks

2.                   Implementation Items

*         IANA Escalation Mechanism: Obtain final agreement from IOTF

*         CSC Updates: Updates from Donna Austin

*         Document Review Process & Timeline

3.                   AOB

*                     Scheduling (Jonathan)

*                     Request for update session @ ICANN 56 (Trang)

*                     RZERC (Alan)

*                     Statitics gathering for SLEs (Paul)

4.                   Closing Remarks

Notes:

Audio Only:

James Gannon

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

Decisions:

*         Escalation mechanism: group agreed the escalation mechanism matter
closed, will be reflected in the decision log.

*         Doodle polls will be sent out 2 weeks out for scheduling of next
call.

Action Items:

*         Share revised PTI timeline with IOTF

*         ICANN to confirm if ICANN can provide a response to Sidley's
comments on heads of terms of PTI formation documents.

*         Continue discussions on document review process with IOTF and CWG.

***Chat History***

Yuko Green: Hello everybody, welcome to the IOTF call #8

Yuko Green: We will get started at the top of the hour

Lise Fuhr: Hi Trang I am in the US now - is there a free phone number I can
use here?

Lise Fuhr: Sorry hi Yuko

Yuko Green: Hi Lise, that would be 1-719-234-7872

Yuko Green: USA /Canada (toll free) 1-866-546-3377

Lise Fuhr: OK Will try

Lise Fuhr: Succes

Lise Fuhr: 1944 is me

James Gannon: Hi All, I am on listen only for this call unfortunately

Trang Nguyen: Hi Lise. I see that Yuko provided you with the U.S. phone
number.

Trang Nguyen: Hello everyone

Yuko Green: @Lise: Thank you for the information

Lise Fuhr: Yes thank you I am well taken care of

Jonathan Robinson: Hello all. I am not in the US so a little late in UK!

James Gannon: I agree Johnathan =)

Lise Fuhr: I am jetlagged so late for me too in a sense

Jonathan Robinson: Lise & me were part of the problem last week so Trang
should not shoulder all the responsibility. Apologies.

James Gannon: I have to say a week makes it a little hard to schedule, but
thats likely just me =)

Lise Fuhr: I agree with Jonathan - we are to blame for that.

Yuko Green: Who may be a phone # 1108?

Lise Fuhr: And apologies from me too

Paul Kane: Agree

Paul Kane: The issue was for ccTLDs some of whom explicitly agree to follow
ICANN Policy - whereas non-ccNSO ccTLDs have no such obligation/impact by
ICANN.

Paul Kane: I think it covered but I wanted time for sign-off - so thanks
again for the additional time

Yuko Green: who may be phone number 6000?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): thanks Donna

Yuko Green: @Donna: Thank you for the update

James Gannon: Is there a reason it wouldnt be called IANA?

Donna Austin, Neustar: Good question James, at what point do we drop 'post
transition'

James Gannon: Yup and given the transfer iof the IANA IP I think it only
makes sense

Russ Housley: It might require an additional license since the IANA IP is
being transfered to the IETF Trust

Alan Greenberg 2: I have an AOB regarding the RZERC.

Trang Nguyen: got it, Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): audio

Greg Shatan: Sorry to be late....

Yuko Green: @Greg: Hello Greg, thank you for joining us

Paul Kane: Will do

Paul Kane: It is to PROTECT ICANN as much as anything

Paul Kane: sure

Paul Kane: It is a mindset outset of the Western mindset

Paul Kane: Much more articulate Greg ... You understand my point - it is
diplomacy :-)

Paul Kane: Exactly ....

Greg Shatan: For any lawyer, give me an objective and I'll tell you how to
accomplish it, if possible.  So the real trick is identifying the objective.
Advice that is "right" for one objective may not be right when you add other
objectives to the mix.

James Gannon: I thought we had agreed on that in previous meetings

Greg Shatan: Paul, it's always a pleasure to agree with you... :-)

James Gannon: With the 6 point slide

James Gannon: +1

James Gannon: 2 weeks would be a big improvement ffrom my side

James Gannon: I can make sure i have time the

James Gannon: n

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): te more advsnce notice for my calendar the better
for me

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): 2 weeks is better than 1 IMO

James Gannon: Yeah agree 2 weeks is a good balance i htink

Lise Fuhr: Perfect

Russ Housley: 2 weeks would be better than one

Yuko Green: All, I will be sending out another doodle poll for the week of
23 May sooon so we will have next week and the following week schedule set
this week

James Gannon: COuld we maybe meet over a luch if nessesary?

James Gannon: Donna ca u help with this from GNSO?

James Gannon: (Sorry no mic)

Avri Doria: does not look like a y of the cross community sessions are opne

James Gannon: Yeah I think thta fair

Donna Austin, Neustar: @Avri, not sure what you mean, can you explain?

Avri Doria: ignore me.

James Gannon: I think some of this maybe that not all of us realsied how
extensive the RZERC mandate is

Avri Doria: whatever info i thought i had, i dont really have, so had no
business saying anything.

James Gannon: I thought it was much more advisrory than directly making non
binding decisions

Paul Kane: Thanks Alan

Chuck Gomes: It is advisory James.

Paul Kane: Why not ask the other groups

Lise Fuhr: No it will be discussed on Thursday

James Gannon: Ok that makes me feel better Chuck, I think that some of the
wording on the list has made some of us a bit worried

Avri Doria: Andrew

Paul Kane: Yes - thanks Avri

Paul Kane: DNSSEC was the last big update

Paul Kane: Curve may be the next

Paul Kane: Next call is fine

Paul Kane: Thanks Trang

Lise Fuhr: Good bye all - I have to leave now. Thank you all

James Gannon: Thanks again to everyone

Chuck Gomes: Thanks all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):   All good

James Gannon: time to sleep

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):   Thanks everyone  Bye for now...

Greg Shatan: Bye all

Allan MacGillivray: Bye all

Yuko Green

Strategic Programs Manager