[IOTF] Concern about the PTI document review timeline

Lise Fuhr Fuhr at etno.eu
Wed May 11 19:46:14 UTC 2016

Dear Trang and Yuko,
Thank you for the timeline. It looks like we are going to receive the formation documents and the head of terms for the PTI/ICANN contract on Friday the 13th.
Jonathan and I have discussed that it is essential that this deadline is kept since we need time to process the documents. We have spoken with Sidley who are expressing serious concerns about the short turnaround time. After receiving advice from Sidley Jonathan and I need to bring the advice to the CWG for approval since it is the CWG which formally signs off any decision.
The IOTF is not the decision making body but a very useful task force to ensure direction and that the proposed implementation is understood before bringing it to the CWG. We find the cooperation very important but we also need to stress that we have to have enough time to bring the documents to our legal advisors and the CWG - so the sooner we receive these the better.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Best,
Lise