[IPC-GNSO] Reminder: Draft Comment: GNSO Translation and Transliteration of contact Information PDP Recommendations for the ICANN Board / Due date: August 10, 2015

Metalitz, Steven met at msk.com
Wed Aug 5 20:42:37 UTC 2015

OK with me.  I had raised the non-ASCII TLD issue (as reflected in v.2)  earlier because of the IPC position (in comments on IRD Expert Working Group report) that such registries not be required to produce Whois output in ASCII (as contrasted with ASCII TLDs, which we said should be required to do so).   And in our January 2015 comments on Translation and Transliteration we noted approvingly the option considered by the IRD-EWG “to require the script used for registration data to either be that of the TLD itself, or else US-ASCII.”  But Petter is correct that we did not explicitly exclude non-ASCII TLDs in  our earlier comments, so there is probably not much point in doing so now.