[IPC-GNSO] IPC Membership Invoices - RiskIQ

jonathan m jonathan.matkowsky at riskiq.net
Fri Jul 20 13:32:03 UTC 2018

Kiran,

I have not accused you of cutting off my access - I said "I know you
might not have done this and it could be another system error for
which you have nothing to do."

But I was saying that I wasn't sure if my email would go through,
because when I tried to login to the IPC website, it denied me entry
on the basis that I'm not a member. See attached.

It's not intuitive that IPC website access and email access are not
linked. So I sent it to both just in case.

Furthermore, I feel that the IPC should ask the GNSO for a reprieve to
carry out elections for its representatives for EPDP.  This doesn't
have to be formal. Anyone that wants to be considered should should be
on the list as a candidate because the deliberation process leading up
to the deadline to submit interest was also tainted. And SurveyMonkey
would work just fine.  I feel that the deliberation process for the
IPC is not valid, and any results are tainted as well at this point.
I also feel misled into having disqualified myself on the basis of
additional requirements, but I do not think this this matters other
than it reflects governance issues. The additional burdens being
placed to influence me not to apply turned out to be inappropriate
because it was being controlled by people who wanted to be a Rep. I
don't think this was intentional but I was intentionally ignored for
months on trying to understand how the IPC wants to tackle certain
GDPR issues, and I am in fact a Member of the IPC.

I need to go offline for the Sabbath here, and I am in Israel for the
next several weeks, so please don't be offended if I don't respond
until Sunday. And please, don't take this personally. It's really not
personal. It has nothing to do with the people, all of whom I like
very much.

Jonathan Matkowsky
VP, Cybersecurity, Privacy & IP
JD, CIPP/EU, CIPT
PGP Fingerprint EB45 EF13 14B8 2A1A 1783  1154 B6B6 AE12 A604 D2EC
RiskIQ, Inc. | 22 Battery St. 10th Floor | San Francisco, CA 94111 |
1.888.415.4447
http://www.riskiq.com

--