[ispcp] SECRETARIAT: New Member Application for ISPCP - EuroISPA

Mark McFadden mcfadden at 21st-century-texts.com
Tue Jun 19 15:39:56 UTC 2007

All:

A potential new member has applied for membership in the ISPCP.  In
accordance with our by-laws we have asked the applicant for some detail
about their organization and interest.  I've pasted their application into
this message below and attached a more readable version of the application
in Microsoft Word format.

All current members in good standing for the ISPCP are given 72 hours to
review this application.  If no objection is raised, I will be welcoming the
EuroISPA into the ISPCP on Thursday, 21 June.

Here is the information from the application:

Name of the Organization Applying for membership in the ISPCP:

EuroISPA EEIG (European Internet Services Providers Association)

Contact information for the principal point of contact for the organization
[ including name(s); address; phone number; email address; website for the
organization ]:

Malcolm Hutty: EuroISPA Council Member, c/o EuroISPA, rue Montoyer 39/3,
B1000 Brussels, Belgium. Tel: +32 2 503 22 65, Fax: +32 2 503 42 95;
<http://Malcolm%20(at)%20linx.net> Malcolm (at) linx.net;
<http://www.euroispa.org> www.euroispa.org

Short statement of interest - describing why the organization desires to
join the ISPCP:

EuroISPA is Europe's pan-European association of European ISP associations.
We believe it to be the world's largest association of Internet Service
Providers, representing approximately 1000 ISPs across the EU. EuroISPA is a
major voice of the Internet industry on information society subjects such as
cybercrime, data protection, e-commerce regulation, EU telecommunications
law and safe use of the Internet. Our members consider that they would like
to be involved in policy debates in ICANN and have therefore instructed the
association to apply for membership of the ISPCP, where EuroISPA would them
and their own member ISPs.

Is the organization joining an ISP, an association of ISPs, or an
organization that provides connectivity to the public Internet to
individuals, businesses, governments or not-for-profit organizations?

YES

Is there any other information about your interest in the ISPCP or about
your organization you would like to share with the ISPCP as they consider
your membership?

In accordance with its statutes, EuroISPA's aims are to represent the
European ISP industry on policy and legislative issues and to facilitate the
exchange of best-practice between national ISP associations.

EuroISPA's secretariat is located in Brussels. Its governing Council
comprises one representative if each of its member associations. EuroISPA is
predominantly funded by its member and associate member associations and the
members of the EuroISPA Industry Forum.