[ispcp] SECRETARIAT: Applications to Join the ISPCP Constituency (ARISPA)

Mark McFadden mcfadden at ispcp.info
Wed Sep 3 13:20:48 UTC 2008

Internet Service Provider and Connectivity Provider Constituency

Generic Names Supporting Organization

APPLICATION TO JOIN THE ISPCP CONSTITUENCY

The Secretariat is pleased to announce that the Arab Regional ISP

Association has applied to join the ISPCP Constituency.

In accordance with both the ICANN bylaws and the ISPCP bylaws I am

requesting that all members of the constituency consider the application

and, if there is any objection, post the objection to the ISPCP

mailing list.

Objections should be raised on our mailing list.  If no objections are

raised by Friday, 5 September 2008 at 2200 GMT I will welcome ARISPA

to the ISPCP constituency and make all necessary administrative

arrangements.

If you have questions relating to the process by which new members are

elected to the constituency or the constituency Articles please contact

the ISPCP Secretariat at:

mcfadden at ispcp.info

BEGIN APPLICATION

NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION SEEKING ISPCP MEMBERSHIP:

Arab Regional ISP's Association "ARISPA"

PRINCIPAL CONTACT NAME:

Mohamad Feras Bakour / Chairman

PRINCIPAL CONTACT PHONE:

[ withheld for privacy ]

PRINCIPAL CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS:

b-feras at scs-net.org

ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION:

The Arab Regional ISPs Association "ARISPA" is a non-governmental,

none for profit organization, set up by a group of Arab companies

operating in the internet and telecommunications sector, and recently

became one of the specialized Unions that are working under the umbrella

of the Arab Economy Counsel at the League of Arab States.

In general, the Union aims to develop and coordinate its members

activities in the fields of Internet & telecommunications and to

consolidate the bonds among them in order to achieve the Economic

integration among Arab countries.

IS YOUR ORGANIZATION OR ITS MEMBERS PRIMARILY INVOLVED WITH THE

PROVISION OF CONNECTIVITY OR ACCESS TO THE PUBLIC INTERNET?  [ YES/ NO ]

Yes

WHAT IS THE REASON YOUR ORGANIZATION WISHES TO JOIN THE ISPCP?

As our organization is committed to support the Arab Internet and

Telecom providers, so one of its main goals is to cooperate and

coordinate with the constitutions that are working and supporting this

sector In the world, which will keep us updated with the recent steps

that are taken In this field, on the other hand it is Important to

participate In giving our opinions about the related Issues that will

be discussed and applied by the ICANN.

UPON JOINING THE ISPCP ARE THERE OTHER EMAIL ADDRESSES (BESIDES THE

PRINCIPAL CONTACT) THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ON THE ISPCP MAILING

LIST?  (PLEASE LIST EMAIL ADDRESSES AND NAMES)

info at arispa.org

WEB URL FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION?

www.arispa.org

IS THERE ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUPPLY FOR

CONSIDERATION BY EXISTING ISPCP MEMBERS?

[ none provided ]

END APPLICATION