[ispcp] Response to GNSO Ops team request for comment

Tony Holmes tonyarholmes at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 21 13:07:43 UTC 2009

All

The GNSO Reform Operations Team that both Wolf-Ulrich and I participate in,
recently circulated a request for comments on a proposal that was being
discussed within that group on restructuring the GNSO into two separate
streams. One dealing with policy issues the other administration. As there
was no consensus within the Ops team on this approach  they specifically
posed the following question:

"Do you think that the establishment of a new, additional body to address
specific responsibilities - as described herein - would better serve the
stakeholder groups that make up the GNSO, or not"

Those of you who were present at the ISPCP meeting in Sydney will recall
that this issue was discussed and there was no support, basically because it
was seen as adding more bureaucracy and overhead.

My question to you is should we submit a response from the Constituency
stating that?

This action was supported during the Sydney meeting but as time has passed I
thought I would check once more to see if there is any opposition to this.
If we are to respond I would need to do that early next week, so if you are
opposed to that action, please reply promptly.

Regards

Tony