[ispcp] [SECRETARIAT} Renewed Call for Nominations

mark.h.mcfadden at bt.com mark.h.mcfadden at bt.com
Tue Jan 13 23:39:59 UTC 2009

Internet Service Provider and Connectivity Provider Constituency
Generic Names Supporting Organization

NOMINATION PERIOD OPEN - ICANN gNSO Council Representative

The ISPCP Constituency held an open call for nominations for gNSO
representative in December of 2008.  No nominations were made for the
two openings.  In accordance with our by-laws, we are re-starting the
nomination period and welcoming new nominations for the two open seats
for gNSO representatives.

In accordance with both the ICANN bylaws and the ISPCP bylaws this is
the official call for nominations for an ISPCP representative to ICANN's
gNSO Council.

With the adoption of the most recent ICANN By-laws, the ISPCP is
required to elect two members to the gNSO Council.  These members will
be taking the seats currently held by Tony Harris and Greg Ruth.
We are looking for two people from the constituency to fill this
position.

The ISPCP Articles call for a nomination period of two weeks.

Every member of the ISPCP may nominate two candidates for the positions
of ISPCP representative to the ICANN gNSO Council.

This mail requests that you nominate an eligible ISPCP member to be
elected to the gNSO Council.

To make a nomination, please mail the following information to the
election manager:

->: the name of the nominee
->: the electronic mail address of the nominee
->: the ISPCP member organization to which the nominee belongs
->: if possible, a voice phone number for the nominee

During the nomination period, potential nominees will be asked to
indicate their willingness to serve as the representative to the gNSO
Council.

The nomination period -
. opens on Tuesday, 13 January 2009 at 2200 GMT
. closes on Tuesday, 27 December 2009 at 2200 GMT.

Nominations should be sent to the ISPCP Secretariat at:

elections at ispcp.info

If you have questions relating to the election, the constituency
Articles
or the nomination process please contact the ISPCP Secretariat at:

mcfadden at ispcp.info