[ispcp] A Recent Change and An Announcement

Mark McFaddden mcfadden at ispcp.info
Wed Oct 21 15:12:39 UTC 2009

All:

I wanted to let you know of a very recent change in my circumstances.

As you know, I have worked with the ISPCP since its inception and worked on
behalf of ISPs as part of the early white paper process.  In my roles with
the Commercial Internet eXchange and later with BT, I have had the privilege
of working with some of the most committed and dedicated people from the ISP
industry.  While I am going to miss that work, I have to let you know that I
will no longer be part of the ISPCP Constituency effective immediately.

I'm leaving BT and moving to the IANA in a role that supports the IETF, IP
addressing functions, and root zone management.  It's a challenging role and
I'm looking forward to it.  Needless to say, with this change I can no
longer participate in the ISPCP.

Regrettably, this means that I will not have the opportunity to serve as
your Councilor in the coming term and that I will have to wind up my role as
the Constituency Secretariat.  I apologize if the timing, which is very
unfortunate, puts undue stress on the ISP Constituency.  It certainly wasn't
intended to do that, but I fear that this short notice, so soon before the
Seoul meeting, will be a distraction that the constituency doesn't need
during these uncertain times in the gNSO.

Finally, let me say thanks to all the ISPCP members who have worked so
diligently on behalf of the ISP community within ICANN.  My thanks go to
each of you for all your years of dedication and work - too often, the ISP
community gets no thanks for the enormous number of hours it puts in on
ICANN-related issues.

You'll still be seeing me around - in ICANN meetings, in RIR meetings and
other places where the IANA has a role or voice.  I'll just be wearing a
different hat!

Many thanks to you all,

mark

Mark McFadden, Secretariat

ISPCP Constituency, ICANN

secretariat at ispcp.info

Y! IM: mcfadden AIM: McElmside

Tw: McElmside Bkite: mcfadden Fb: Mark McFadden