[Bayesian] [Bayesian] RE: [Bayesian] Re: [ispcp] ENC: Council Motions

Tony Holmes tonyarholmes at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 8 11:56:59 UTC 2011

Malcolm/All

Thanks for your comments. I agree with many of the points you make but we're in a difficult situation here. Historically in cases like this where there is a stand-off between parties in the GNSO the Board choose not to act. In this case that means our concerns wouldn't get addressed. If the motion helps to change that then I don't think anyone could say the multi-stakeholder process has failed. Just left to the Board to decide whether to engage, without this motion being passed would probably result in no further action and indeed claims could then be made that the process fails to put in place the required checks that ensure an open, competitive, environment built on the multi-stakeholder process.

That said, the issues you raise are cause for concern and the wording could certainly be improved, although we may be too late.

Jaime/Wolf-Ulrich - Is there still a possibility to propose  'friendly' amendments to this text?

Tony