[ispcp] Summary and actions from ISPCP conference call 13 July 2011

Thomas Rickert rickert at anwaelte.de
Tue Jul 26 17:42:27 UTC 2011

Dear Tony,
just for the record I would like to ask to to make one correction.

You stated:

> On financial stability, Thomas proposed that needy applicants should only be required to demonstrate financial stability for 6–12 months or the barrier to entry would be too high, and that ICANN needed to offer support to needy applicants if they faced bankruptcy in order to ensure operational  and technical stability.

I did not propose that needy applicants should only be provided to demonstrate financial stability for 6-12 months. I quoted this from the JAS report. It is correct that I  suggested that ICANN should reserve funds to help out if needy applicants face bankruptcy to ensure operational and technical stability,

Thanks and regards,
Thomas

Am 18.07.2011 um 16:23 schrieb Tony Holmes:

> [...]
> Following the discussion between the CSG and the ICANN Board on budget issues in Singapore the CSG decided to set in place a small team (2 per Constituency) to consider the budget and operational plan in more detail. This will form an on-going task within the CSG. For the ISPCP Tony Holmes and Jaime Wagner will represent the Constituency.
> Note: The CSG have been informed and this work is expected to commence shortly.
> Whilst the GNSO Council are also due to discuss budget issues the ISPCP will only support their consideration of issues that are specific to the policy work of the Council.
> ·         GNSO outreach task force
> Olga Carvelli will be leading the GNSO Outreach Task Force and has requested volunteers from all Constituencies. Tony Harris has volunteered to cover this for the ISPCP and Thomas Rickert will be the alternate.
> Note: The Chair of this group has since been advised.
> ·         JAS
> Council delegates advised that the report from the JAS wg has still to be agreed by the GNSO despite its submission to the Board. Thomas Rickert reported that he had reviewed the JAS proposals on behalf of the ISPCP (as agreed in Singapore) and had sent a message to the ISPCP mailing list, advising the Constituency should generally support the ideas set out within the report, but additionally state the IPv6 requirements should not be waived. The JAS report currently takes no position on this. ISPs will be involved with back-end providers that would use IPv6 and this needs to be encouraged to ensure operational stability. On financial stability, Thomas proposed that needy applicants should only be required to demonstrate financial stability for 6–12 months or the barrier to entry would be too high, and that ICANN needed to offer support to needy applicants if they faced bankruptcy in order to ensure operational  and technical stability. In addition ICANN could also assist with the provision of legal advice, but any such action should be undertaken by 3rd parties.
> ·         GNSO Council meetings
> The next GNSO Council meeting is planned for July 25. At the date of this call no meeting was planned for August.
> ·         Elections
> Election are required to be held for the ISPCP Council seats prior to Senegal
> In addition the ISPCP needs to appoint a new delegate to the 2011-2012 Nominating Committee and reappoint CSG Executive officers.
> Following Senegal an election will take place for the Constituency Chair
> Secretary to arrange.
> ·         IANA contract
> Alain Bidron introduce a draft response to be submitted by the ISPCP on the recent announcement regarding the IANA contract. Comments should be submitted to the list (copied direct to Alain) by 20th July to enable submission by the 29th July deadline.
> ·         Date of next Constituency call was agreed as Wednesday 17 August at 14.00 UTC

Thomas Rickert, Rechtsanwalt
Schollmeyer &  Rickert Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft m.b.H. (i.e. law firm)
Geschäftsführer / CEO: Torsten Schollmeyer, Thomas Rickert
HRB 9262, AG Bonn

Büro / Office Bonn:
Kaiserplatz 7-9, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 0

Büro / Office Frankfurt a.M.:
Friedrichstrasse 63, 60323 Frankfurt, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)69 714 021 - 56

Zentralfax: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 66

mailto: rickert at anwaelte.de
skype-id: trickert