[ispcp] WG: [council] Revised Terms of Reference for a Whois Registrant Identification study for your consideration

KnobenW at telekom.de KnobenW at telekom.de
Sat May 21 06:26:40 UTC 2011

FYI

Kind regards
Wolf-Ulrich

________________________________

	Von: owner-council at gnso.icann.org
[mailto:owner-council at gnso.icann.org] Im Auftrag von Liz Gasster
	Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Mai 2011 21:05
	An: council at gnso.icann.org
	Betreff: [council] Revised Terms of Reference for a Whois
Registrant Identification study for your consideration

	Dear Councilors,

	As I mentioned on yesterday's GNSO Council call, a small group
of volunteers is proposing the attached revision to an earlier Whois
Registration Identification study that was previously developed for
Council consideration.  (The previous version can be found here:
http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-23oct09-en.htm ) As
explained in the Rationale, which is also attached, major changes were
made to the text of the Terms of Reference, so we are not providing a
redline, instead there is a summary, also attached, of the key changes
that were made.  While the text of the Study Terms of Reference changed
significantly to recast the framing of the study, the cost of the study
will likely increase only slightly, and no more than 20% at the outside,
which will be confirmed if the Council decides to proceed.

	The volunteer group recommends that Council members forward the
documents to your respective groups right away for review and action in
the June 9 Council meeting.

	The members of the volunteer group are:

	Don Blumenthal

	Steve DelBianco