[ispcp] Nomination for GNSO Council representatives

Anthony Harris harris at cabase.org.ar
Thu Sep 29 13:24:16 UTC 2011

I am pleased to nominate Osvaldo Novoa.

Osvaldo is a member of the eCOM-LAC
board, and eCOM-LAC is a long standing
member of the ISPCP.

He is a high ranking executive at ANTel
of Uruguay, the major Connectivity
Provider of this country, and speaks
fluent English. Through his close
relationship with LACNIC, Osvaldo
is familiar with the ICANN scenario.

Regards

Tony Harris

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: tony holmes
  To: ispcp at icann.org
  Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 12:19 PM
  Subject: RE: [ispcp] Nomination for GNSO Council representatives

  Dear ISPCP members

  Following closure of the nomination period on 22nd September, only one candidate had been nominated and seconded, Wolf-Ulrich Knoben.

  That leaves the other Council position open. I'm aware from conversations with many of you that the level of commitment required to participate effectively as a GNSO Councillor often appears a little daunting, but it is an extremely important role. On that basis I'd like to propose that the nomination period is extended by one week, now ending on Thursday 29th September at 23.99 UTC.

  If required the election would then follow, commencing Monday 3rd October, ending Friday 7th October at 23.99 UTC.

  That still enables us to meet the requirement of announcing our new Council representatives prior to the Dakar meeting and provides the additional benefit of allowing further discussion and consideration by those members eligible to stand for this important position.

  Unless anyone raises an objection on the list, we will proceed with this revised timetable. As before, please send all nominations to the ISPCP list. If you require more information or wish to discuss any points related to standing for election you are also welcome to contact me off list.

  Thank You

  Tony