[ispcp] WG: Trademark Clearinghouse "Strawman Solution" - Public comment 30 November - 21 December 2012

Novoa, Osvaldo onovoa at antel.com.uy
Tue Dec 4 14:04:52 UTC 2012

Mikey,
I agree with your proposal.  Regarding the document you mentioned in your previous mail, by Jon Nevett, is very clear and quite convincing for me.
There should be none, or at the most the minimum possible changes to the Applicant Guidebook, the applicants for new gTLD based their application on it and there shouldn't be any major changes now.
Also, if anything changes it should be for all TLD, not just for the new ones nor just the gTLD.
What had me thinking, in all this process, is that there is so much talk around Trade Mark regarding the new gTLD, and nothing with the existing ones, nor with the ccTLD, and the danger is the same in all of them.
Since several ccTLD are managed exactly as gTLD I think they should be treated equally.
But perhaps I'm being a bit naïve.
In conclusion, sorry for the rambling, I share your position.
Best regards,
Osvaldo