[ispcp] interesting NYTimes piece on where mobile is going -- doesn't mention domain names

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Mon Feb 18 13:42:17 UTC 2013

hi all,

here's a pretty-typical piece of "where is the Internet going?" prediction from the NYTimes (summarizing a ComScore research article).  their conclusion is that there's a pretty massive shift to mobile from the desktop.

      http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/18/tech-predictions-for-2013-its-all-about-mobile/

all the usual stuff is in there.  and, not surprisingly in my view, new gTLDs don't make it on to the radar.

in fact, my sense of mobile is that it depends way *less* on domain names than the desktop space.  so are new gTLDs arriving just in time to become part of that "old style" Internet?  :-)

this is a pure troll -- no need to reply.

mikey

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP (ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)