[ispcp] IDN Variants

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Wed Jun 26 11:39:32 UTC 2013

I think a while ago we tried starting to disuss the implications of active variant TLDs on ISP related activities.
The item was picked up at the last council meeting. It was requested that the respective SGs/Const’s should provide comments on the analysis prepared by staff (http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/prelim-report-11apr13-en.htm#2.a) with focus on the following questions:

a)    Which recommendations if any, are pre-requisites to the delegation of any IDN variant TLDs (i.e., delegation of IDN Variant TLDs should not proceed until these recommendations are implemented),

b)    Which recommendations, if any, can be deferred until a later time, and

c)    Which recommendations, if any, require additional policy work by the ICANN community and should be referred to the relevant stakeholder group for further policy work

If I recall correctly then Mikey provided already some comments. I’d like to join this effort and would encourage others to do so but would like to find those basics from Mikey who I’m sure would help??

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich