[ispcp] apology

Tony Holmes tonyarholmes at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 12 13:14:04 UTC 2014

Mikey/All

I agree with Wolf-Ulrich that this has identified a weakness in our
operating procedures that needs to be fixed. Let's discuss more when we're
together in Singapore. Meanwhile we should all take exceptional care that
any statements made are positioned as individual comments and opinions
unless previously agreed through a formal process that needs to be embedded
within our operating procedures. That goes for views expressed both within
and external to ICANN.

Meanwhile let's take a breather and not make any knee jerk decisions as a
result of what is clearly a mistake on Mikey's part. We've all been there
and done things that we'd tackle differently with hindsight. Until we've
assessed any reaction to the statement none of us are in a position to
conclude whether there really are major issues or whether it's little more
than a storm in a teacup for which Mikey is obviously feeling somewhat
embarrassed.

tony