[ispcp] NETmundial Initiative Coordination Council working meeting and Draft ToR

MAEMURA Akinori maem at nic.ad.jp
Thu Apr 9 00:35:08 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

I found this hasn't been really shared:

NETmundial Iniative's Coordination Council, of which I am a member, had a
working meeting at Stanford University on March 31st, and made an immediate
release of draft Terms of Reference for community input with a deadline on May
1st, as well as "Stanford Communique", both of outcomes from the meeting.

Communique:
https://www.netmundial.org/blog/secretariat/netmundial-initiative-stanford-communiqu%C3%A9

Draft ToR + consultation forum (just in the same manner with NETmundial
Statement one year ago):
http://comments.netmundial.org/

Agenda (from "Events" tab at the top)
https://www.netmundial.org/31-march-2015-working-meeting-stanford-university

I know NMI is not a popular topic in the community but have had a number of
doubts, questions, speculations and so on.  March 31 meeting was CC's first
gathering in person and these documents are its first to show the CC's position,
instead of the thoughts of Organizing Partners - ICANN, CGI.br and WEF.

If you have any questions and comments,  I am quite happy to answer.

Best,
Akinori

--
MAEMURA Akinori   General Manager, Internet Development Dept.
maem at nic.ad.jp      JPNIC - Japan Network Information Center