[ispcp] RPM - IGO Curative Rights Work Track

Novoa, Osvaldo onovoa at Antel.com.uy
Fri Jun 18 17:45:32 UTC 2021

Hello all,
I am participating in this Working Group since February this year and we are trying to find a way for International Governmental Organizations to use UDRP and URS in order to defend their names and acronyms from being use in domain names.

●       The Work Track scope is defined and limited by the GNSO Council’s instructions that any recommended policy actions be “generally consistent” with Recommendations 1-4 from the Curative Rights PDP. Given the GNSO Council’s instructions, it is currently out of scope for the Work Track to develop a separate dispute resolution process for IGOs.
●       There are two challenges that IGOs face with using the current form of the UDRP and URS: (1) the requirement to have a trademark in order to have standing to file a complaint; and (2) the requirement to submit to Mutual Jurisdiction, which can compromise an IGO’s immunities and privileges in relation to the jurisdiction of a court in which a registrant files proceedings against an IGO.
The group has been having a zoom meeting almost every week and I think that a lot of progress has been made and there is a way forward to solve IGOs problems.

I am enclosing the latest draft proposal that is being discussed in the group.
If any of you have any comment or question please let me know.
Best regards,

Ing. Osvaldo Novoa
Sub Gerente General
Relaciones Internacionales
Antel
Guatemala 1075, Nivel 22
Montevideo, Uruguay
www.antel.com.uy

Tel.: +598 2928 6400
Fax: +598 2928 6411

El presente correo y cualquier posible archivo adjunto esta dirigido unicamente al destinatario del mensaje y contiene informacion que puede ser confidencial. Si Ud. no es el destinatario correcto por favor notifique al remitente respondiendo anexando este mensaje y elimine inmediatamente el e-mail y los posibles archivos adjuntos al mismo de su sistema. Esta prohibida cualquier utilizacion, difusion o copia de este e-mail por cualquier persona o entidad que no sean las especificas destinatarias del mensaje. ANTEL no acepta ninguna responsabilidad con respecto a cualquier comunicacion que haya sido emitida incumpliendo nuestra Politica de Seguridad de la Informacion

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not intended recipient please inform the sender immediately, answering this e-mail and delete it as well as the attached files. Any use, circulation or copy of this e-mail by any person or entity that is not the specific addressee(s) is prohibited. ANTEL is not responsible for any communication emitted without respecting our Information Security Policy.