[itipanel] ALAC Statement on the ICANN Strategy Panels: Identifier Technology Innovation

Paul V. Mockapetris paul.mockapetris at icann.org
Sun May 18 14:40:30 UTC 2014

Thanks for your support.

Several of the panel's recommendations deal directly with DNS risk
and security.  Though not part of the panel, I have had numerous
occasions to interact with an ongoing ICANN risk assessment study, as
well as the day to day work of the SSAC, RSAC, collision work for new
GTLDs, the security staff at ICANN, and other efforts.  So I think
there's a lot of ongoing work there that will persist after the
panel.  Indeed I sometime thing coordinating these activities and
reporting to the public is the problem, rather than a lack of activity.

At 16:20 5/16/2014, ICANN At-Large Staff wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>Please find attached the ratified ALAC Statement on the ICANN
>Strategy Panels: Identifier Technology Innovation. The staff
>introduction has included the vote results.
>
>On 16 May 2014, Staff confirmed that the online vote resulted in the
>ALAC endorsing the Statement with 14 votes in favor, 0 votes
>against, and 0 abstentions. You may review the result independently
>under:
><https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=3897Mv3KfEPxzifKaIuzmd4F>https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=3897Mv3KfEPxzifKaIuzmd4F.
>

>Regards,
>

>Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie
>Peregrine and Terri Agnew
>
>ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
><mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org%3cmailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
>E-mail:
><applewebdata://68497759-1B04-4F9B-84B7-B9445B8F305F/Regards,%20Heidi%20Ullrich,%20Silvia%20Vivanco,%20Matt%20Ashtiani,%20Ariel%20Liang,%20Gisella%20Gruber,%20Nathalie%20Peregrine%20and%20Julia%20Charvolen%20ICANN%20Policy%20Staff%20in%20support%20of%20ALACmailto:staff@atlarge.icann.org>staff at atlarge.icann.org

---