[ksk-change] 2 weeks until the ICANN 51 workshop - logistics?

Dan York york at isoc.org
Thu Oct 2 14:59:20 UTC 2014

Folks,

To get a wee bit tactical, I'd like to point out that the public KSK Rollover Workshop is happening 2 weeks from TODAY on Oct 16.  We now have a room (Brentwood) and a page on the ICANN website:

http://la51.icann.org/en/schedule/thu-dnssec-key-rollover

You'll note that the page says the time is from 08:00-18:00 ...  that is the time DRC says we have the room for... but even as hard-core as so many of you are, I highly doubt that many of us want to meet for *10 hours* on this topic.

So... step 1... WHEN do we want to hold the workshop?

If you look at the rest of the schedule for Thursday:

http://la51.icann.org/en/schedule?date=2014-10-16

you will see that SSAC has its public meeting from 08:00-09:00 and then all the other meetings pretty much end by 12:00 or 13:00 so that attendees can go to the Public Forum starting at 13:30 and going until 17:00.

Leaving aside the question of what we will actually be discussing (let's kick off another thread on that), from a purely logistical point of view it seems to me that given that a number of people involved with KSK Rollover work are also in SSAC, we probably can't start until 9:00am.  Also, if our goal is to attract many of the other attendees, we probably need to end before the Public Forum.

Which, to me, means it seems like we have 09:00-12:00  or 12:30 if we want to leave time for people to get some lunch before the Public Forum.

Agree?  Disagree?  Think we should go longer?  Really want to spend 10 hours in the same room as the people on this list?

Discuss.......   :-)

Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society

http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/