[ksk-change] Keeping two KSK keys long term

Richard Lamb richard.lamb at icann.org
Thu Oct 2 17:05:13 UTC 2014

Mike-

Thank you very much for this.  As clearly one of those experts, I appreciate
the time (and patience) you have taken in an attempt to educate me.  I will
need read through this a few times more to get the full effect but I think I
get the overall logic and agree.   For some things the devil IS in the
details and cannot be explained in a one-liner.  I particularly like the
scheme described in (2).  As we all know no system is perfect and it was
with this in mind that we made sure that the system we use now for root ksk
management was not cast in stone.  We have thought about many improvements
and implemented some minor ones suggested by the TCRs but an in depth view
like yours is, well, refreshing.

Thank you,

-Rick