[ksk-change] On the topic of 1024-bit ZSKs

David Conrad david.conrad at icann.org
Mon Oct 20 19:50:48 UTC 2014

Unrelated to KSK change, but as we discussed it in the workshop...

https://kivo.com/p/h985rFcI, slides 37-39

Dr. Bernstein notes (page 38): "Analyses in 2003 concluded that RSA-1024 was breakable; e.g., 2003 Shamir-Tromer estimated 1 year, ≈ USD $10^7"

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of caveats in Dr. Bernstein's slides.

Regards,
-drc

P.S. Also perhaps of note (although not directly related to key change), the last bit of slide 47 and slides 50-53.