[ksk-rollover] root zone KSK rollover vendor workshop

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Thu Sep 18 01:05:58 UTC 2014

Hi again,

Further to the message I just sent to this list, a second, related, workshop is also being planned for ICANN week in LA: the focus of that workshop is constrained to interop testing between deployed DNSSEC products in the context of a root zone KSK rollover.

In keeping with most interoperability tests, that workshop will be a closed event in order to promote productivity, with a summary of results to be made public (without attribution) as input into discussions related to rolling the root zone KSK.

In particular, since the vendor workshop is scheduled the day before the ops workshop, we expect to be able to bring a summary to the ops workshop on Thursday.

If you are a vendor of DNSSEC validator software or operate significant DNSSEC validator infrastructure, you may well be interested in attending. Let us know.

For final, ultimate clarity, and for great justice:

  Root Zone KSK Rollover Workshops at ICANN 51

  Wednesday October 15, 2014:  Vendor interop workshop (invitation only)
  Thursday October 16, 2014:   Operations workshop (open, remote participation available)

Joe