[ksk-rollover] root zone KSK rollover operations workshop planning

Anne-Marie Eklund-Löwinder anne-marie.eklund-lowinder at iis.se
Thu Sep 18 15:49:28 UTC 2014

I believe that it is stated in the DPS, but except from that, there is no obvious reason afaik. But, with the experience we have, it is better to do it now rather than until the root zone and the people dependent on the rot key signing key are bigger in numbers. That is one thing that .SE learned when WE were a trust anchor (before the root was signed). You will most certainly need to do it some time, and from my opinion it is better earlier than later.

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Eklund Löwinder
Chief Information Security Officer
.SE (The Internet Infrastructure Foundation)
Direct: +46(8)-452 35 17 | Mobile: +46(73)-43 15 310
PO Box 7399, SE-103 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Twitter: @amelsec
Visitors: Ringvägen 100
http://www.iis.se/en/