[ksk-change] [ksk-rollover] root zone KSK rollover operations workshop planning

David Conrad david.conrad at icann.org
Fri Sep 19 17:28:03 UTC 2014

Paul,

On Sep 19, 2014, at 10:06 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org> wrote:
>> I’m not sure arguing the semantics of the terminology used in the name of this mailing list is a good use of time.
>
> I am. If as you say below, "everything that could impact changing the key and/or the implications of changing the key should be in scope", then simply calling the workshop as being about "KSK change" that would be a lot clearer.

While I’m all in favor of clarity, given the challenges I had in arranging for the workshop to be held in LA, I am somewhat reticent to change anything, including even the title in the agenda (particularly since an announcement has already gone out). I will, however, keep this in mind for future workshops (I anticipate these workshops will be a feature for upcoming meetings until they are no longer necessary/useful).

With regards to the mailing list, I’ve changed the subject string (and mailing list short and long descriptions) to reference ‘change’ as opposed to ‘rollover’.  I hope this suffices (creating mailing lists at ICANN requires a bit of work and I’d prefer not having to change the mailing list name).

> And, given that, I propose that there be a major topic on changing the signing algorithm to elliptic curve with 256-bit keys.

Personally, I’m quite interested in this particular topic (and, in fact (teaser :)), hope there will be some data presented during the workshop related to this).

Regards,
-drc