[ksk-change] planned vs. emergency (was Re: [ksk-rollover] root zone KSK ...)

Olaf Kolkman kolkman at isoc.org
Tue Sep 23 08:05:57 UTC 2014

[no substance below, only ‘process’]

On Sep 23, 2014, at 12:48 AM, Tomofumi Okubo <tomofumi.okubo at gmail.com<mailto:tomofumi.okubo at gmail.com>> wrote:

Perhaps there is some confusion: is anyone actually suggesting we don’t do key rollovers?

I had an impression that some people are not too enthusiastic about
it. I'm sorry if I misread it.

I certainly am not (if there is any doubt).

No doubt there.

Well, I started to misinterpret the thread, so I am happy this stake is put firmly in the ground: It is not about if we will being a doing a key rollover but about when.

Can we also narrow down the parameters around ‘when’? (Further down this thread I see SM attempting that).

I am trying to draw assumptions and implications out so we can discuss them more fully, with some vague hope of reaching consensus.

Fair. It is probably good for somebody to conclude that brainstorming phase at some point and summarize what has been said.

—Olaf

Olaf Kolkman
(on personal title)