[ksk-change] Helping the panel name the reasons for the KSK rollover

Ashley Heineman AHeineman at ntia.doc.gov
Mon Feb 23 16:11:56 UTC 2015

Just want to point out that "scheduled rollover of the KSK" was an original basic requirement when DNSSEC was implemented at the root.   Specifically (as referenced in the baseline requirements, with the footnote 12, http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/dnssec_requirements_102909.pdf):

"c) Root Zone KSK Rollover

i) Scheduled rollover of the RZ KSK shall be performed.12

12 The Department envisions the timeline for scheduled rollover of the RZ KSK to be jointly developed and
proposed by ICANN and VeriSign, based on consultation and input from the affected parties (e.g. root server
operators, large-scale resolver operators, etc). Note that subsequent test plans may specify more or less
frequent RZ KSK rollover to ensure adequate testing."