[ksk-change] Helping the panel name the reasons for the KSK rollover

Ashley Heineman AHeineman at ntia.doc.gov
Mon Feb 23 16:55:27 UTC 2015

FWIW - NTIA considers them separate documents and do not see a contradiction. The baseline requirements are exactly that (baseline requirements) and the DPS was one mechanism by which the RZM partners worked to fulfill / and flesh out the requirements.  My recollection is that, at the outset, we all agreed that there would be "scheduled" rollovers.  The issue was that we (NTIA-NIST) didn't want to bind the partners with a pre-cooked schedule or notion of what the schedule should be as this was kind of unchartered waters at the time, but recognized the need for rollovers and that the issue of what "schedule" they would be on needed to be thoroughly discussed, considered, and potentially reconsidered.