[ksk-rollover] Current status of KSK-RollOver?

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 30 13:46:37 UTC 2018

On Aug 29 2018, Rene 'Renne' Bartsch, B.Sc. Informatics via ksk-rollover wrote:

>I have promoted DNSSEC for years and always heard the same bad excuses:
>
>DNS server admins:         developers of hard- and software clients do not
>                           support DNSSEC
>Hard-/software developers: DNS servers do not support DNSSEC
>Users:			    configuration is a huge effort
>All:			    KSK rollover will fail leading to an internet
>                           blackout

Presuming that this last refers specifically to root zone KSK rollover,
my impression is that it was not mentioned much by the "DNSSEC is bad"
people until it became obvious that it was going to be more difficult
than was originally envisaged.

If it is indeed the case that it is now the most commonly raised objection
to DNSSEC, this could be because the other ones mentioned above are looking
increasingly flimsy.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk