[ksk-rollover] Courtesy advance notification: Announcing Draft Plan for Continuing With the Root KSK Roll

Matt Larson matt.larson at icann.org
Thu Feb 1 19:15:06 UTC 2018

Based on some feedback we've received, I want to make sure my original message was clear. The published plan is a draft and the proposed date of October 11, 2018 to roll the root KSK is tentative until the plan is finalized pending further community feedback. In particular, we're holding a formal ICANN public comment on the plan. That public comment period is now open and the details are here:

https://www.icann.org/public-comments/ksk-rollover-restart-2018-02-01-en

I encourage everyone to please take the time to comment and let us know what you think of the plan. If you have different criteria that you think we should use in deciding how and when to proceed with the rollover, please tell us in a comment.

Thanks,

Matt