[ksk-rollover] Courtesy advance notification: Announcing Draft Plan for Continuing With the Root KSK Roll

Matt Larson matt.larson at icann.org
Mon Feb 5 15:18:53 UTC 2018

Jacques,

On Feb 2, 2018, at 3:17 PM, Jacques Latour <jacques.latour at cira.ca<mailto:jacques.latour at cira.ca>> wrote:

Since we have a almost a year to wait, I’d like to propose ICANN publish a new KSK Key ID lower than current 19036 value and properly remove 20326.  Wondering if resolver behaviour would change if the ID was lower.

What indication do you have that the relationship of the key IDs would make any difference?

  Nothing to loose.

On the contrary, the amount of work to securely provision a new key, not to mention the messaging to explain it, is staggering.

Matt