[ksk-rollover] [Ext] Re: Starting discussion on acceptable criteria for proceeding with the root KSK roll

David Conrad david.conrad at icann.org
Sun Jan 7 18:33:16 UTC 2018

Stephane,

On January 6, 2018 at 12:38:13 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer (bortzmeyer at nic.fr<mailto:bortzmeyer at nic.fr>) wrote:
On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 01:29:17AM +0000,
> What we’re looking for is for the community to tell us in the ICANN
> Org how to move forward.

There is no such thing as "the community".

Of course. Forgive my shorthand. We’re looking for input from those who have interest in the matter, particularly those knowledgeable on the topic, and who are willing to contribute their opinions. It would, of course, be helpful if those that are providing their opinions represented some subset of those who would be impacted in one way or another, e.g., ICANN's SOs and ACs, but that doesn’t mean that the input has to come from those folks.

Again, there is no "community", with a common opinion. People will
never agree and yet a decision has to be made.

Just as people never agreed to expanding the root zone, yet a decision was made.

Regards,

-drc