[ksk-rollover] RFC 8145 interaction with Aggressive DNSSEC cache

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Wed Jul 25 19:08:45 UTC 2018

It seems to me that the best action right now is to deprecate
RFC 8145 and move on. As far as I can tell its only value is generating
a garbled signal at the roots and a garbled signal is indistinguishable
from noise - obviously this is a personal oipinion!

I have not launched any tests of the root sentinel method as yet - I was
waiting to see the fate of the IETF publication process, but is is worth
the question on this list: Which resolver vendors have implemented the
KSK sentinel and integrated it into deployed resolver code releases?

Geoff