[ksk-rollover] Post IETF - determining 5011 support - part 1

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Mon Nov 12 23:15:58 UTC 2018

> 7) Seed a popular web page (get Google or some other high traffic name to help) with URLs that point to items (say a JPG) served by each of the web servers - avoid having anything else at those servers but these items.

That is indeed a challenge. In my experience high traffic web sites are exceptionally wary of embedded items that direct clients to other sites. The reason why we turned to ads in the APNIC measurement work was that try as we might we just couldn’t find a way that would allow popular web sites to work with us in this manner.

 Geoff