[ksk-rollover] ICANN board meeting result and the Current status of KSK-Rollover

Matt Larson matt.larson at icann.org
Mon Sep 17 19:57:53 UTC 2018

Mike,

On Sep 17, 2018, at 3:51 PM, Michael StJohns <msj at nthpermutation.com<mailto:msj at nthpermutation.com>> wrote:

At the risk of disturbing the snake in the woodpile - when is the *next* rollover?  Or at least when will ICANN take up scheduling it?

While this has been a painful process, repeating it at least a few times very soon so that we reinforce lessons learned seems only provident.  I would suggest NET June 2019 and NLT   May 2020.

The answer I've given when people ask this question is that we need to get through the first rollover and analyze how it goes before we can discuss subsequent rollovers. One can imagine that how the first rollover goes could have a material effect on the timing of the next one.

The other comment I've made when this question comes up is that we will continue to listen to the community, just as we have at every point in the planning for the first rollover.

Matt

--
Matt Larson, VP of Research
ICANN Office of the CTO