[ksk-rollover] Retention of the 2010 KSK CONSIDERED HARMFUL

Wes Hardaker wjhns1 at hardakers.net
Fri Apr 5 22:12:32 UTC 2019

Michael StJohns <msj at nthpermutation.com> writes:

> There's a term for holding on to something when you think it *might*
> be useful in the future but have no idea whether it will be - it's
> called "hoarding" and can be a form of mental illness depending on how
> extreme it gets.

Mike,

I (and others) agree with you: As I've stated before, I can't think of a
reason why keeping the old key around provides any benefit, and there is
a possibility of it being used in a harmful way.

However, please refrain from insinuating that anyone that disagrees
with your (our) line of thinking has a mental illness.

Cheers,
--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI