[ksk-rollover] Future rollover planning opportunities

Kim Davies kim.davies at iana.org
Tue Feb 19 23:22:49 UTC 2019

Colleagues,

We are continuing to implement the final phases of the KSK-2017 rollover for the DNS Root Zone.

While there are no plans to immediately schedule any subsequent planned rollover, we recognize this is a good opportunity to gather feedback while everyone’s experience with this rollover is still fresh in mind. Feedback from the community will inform our future strategy.

We welcome feedback, particularly to this list, on what should be considered in designing the process for performing future rollovers. We are also planning to hold a number of outreach efforts in the coming months to capture further input. These sessions are being led by the ICANN’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) in coordination with IANA staff. These sessions will be at:

  *   ICANN 64 in Kobe, as part of the DNSSEC workshop;
  *   IETF 104 in Prague, as a proposed BOF; and
  *   The 3rd ICANN DNS Symposium in Bangkok

The feedback we receive will be used by the IANA team to develop a draft plan later in the year that we intend to share for public review.

Thanks in advance.

kim